Friday, November 11, 2011

Well. She's Gone



As I mentioned, Star was Her horse and she was His human and they were, from the beginning... spirits dancing together. She wrote once about him..how they had begun to get familiar with each other and trust each other and touch on the importance of their relationship. But, it wasn't absolutely certain until she trusted him completely....

'A quick aside that will tell you something about our relationship...a group of us had gone horse camping in the Santa Cruz mountains and my endurance friend and I had left the group to do some serious conditioning. We spent the morning following a downward switchback trail that started at the top of a redwood canyon. We slowly followed the tops of the trees down until we landed at their trunks at the bottom with a beautiful trail that wound through them. As a reward for the difficult concentrated work on the switchback trail, I let Star pick up his beautiful rack and we silently floated between the trunks of massive redwoods.

I was shocked when the trail suddenly opened out onto another canyon and I found us hugging the side of it on a four foot wide trail with about a sixty foot drop off beside us. My first instinct was to pull him down but he seemed so sure of himself that I made one of those leaps of trust and bonding and let him choose what he could manage. It was one of the most incredible experiences of my life...flying along the edge of a cliff with my horse through the very tops of a redwood forest.'


...............

This is where I want to think she is now... flying with her spirit horse again and skimming the top of Heaven.


(Photo's were taken from Carmons blog and all credit is due there.)

2 comments:

  1. "This is where I want to think she is now... flying with her spirit horse again and skimming the top of Heaven." Robin...it's where I want to think she is too. Thanks for posting. Never met Carmon, but followed her blog for years. I loved her too. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Judy. Losing her is heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete