Thursday, June 30, 2011

Life


So, I'm in and I went to the grocery and threw out some garbage and took Meander for walks and generally began to accept the fact that 'THE ONE BIG WORRY' was off my table and now it's time to get down to living. Not so much.

My phone rang and it was a friend from work, who called to tell me 666BBHS news. It directly affects me in a bad way. They have fired one asst. mgr. and have put mine (Brad) in her place. Nothing like finally getting the right people in place to improve an area and then blowing it right out of the water.

Tomorrow is my first day back... bright and early 7a.m. with a predicted heat indices of 105.

I'm gonna take it as I did the new dept. manager.... be who I am, do my job, and see what's handed to me.

This quote comes to mind....

"For a long time it seemed like life was about to begin, but there was always some obstacle in the way. Something had to be got through first, some unfinished business; time still to be served, a debt to be repaid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."
--Bette Howland

3 comments:

  1. Too many people, I think, miss their life because they keep waiting for the planets to line up in proper order and their "real" life to begin…when all the time it was unfolding, minute-by-minute, day-by-day. The process IS your life. The best anyone can ever do is show up for duty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG ROBIN!!!!! there you are!
    I had your old blog in my reader for soooo long and kept checking in every now and then to see if you had resurrected it before finely giving up. Today I happen to be going through some (really) old posts and out of curiosity clicked on your name in my comments and - poof - you appear.

    Now I must read back through your posts to see what has been happening.

    I have missed you dearly, and thought of you often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that should be finally, but you knew that, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete